Roasted Pepper, Ginger, and Tea Sauce
You can serve this versatile sauce with chicken or pasta, or as a dip for shrimp, vegetables, chips or bread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
- Yield: Makes 2 1/2 cups
Photography: Jonathon Kantor
Source: Body+Soul, November/December 2005
- 1 tablespoon loose green-tea leaves or 3 green-tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups fresh or jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) soft dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
Place tea in a large cup. Pour boiling water over tea; steep 3 minutes. Strain into a bowl or remove the tea bags.
In a blender or food processor, puree peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, ginger, oil, vinegar, salt, and enough tea to make a smooth mixture. (Add more or less of the tea, depending upon desired consistency.) Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. If mixture has separated after refrigerating, whisk to combine.