Baked Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Breadcrumbs
Try this recipe from talented chef Eric Ripert for a delicious new way to eat your vegetables.
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small, ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and halved
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place breadcrumbs, olive oil, basil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process, adding water as necessary to create a smooth paste; season with salt and pepper.
Arrange tomatoes and zucchini in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; season with salt and pepper and spread breadcrumb mixture over vegetables. Transfer to oven and bake until vegetables are softened and breadcrumbs are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September 2009