This recipe, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, is used to make his Turkey Roulade with Wild Rice and Rhubarb-Cherry Stuffing.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2009
- 1/2 cup tawny port
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
In a small saucepan, heat port over medium-high heat until hot. Remove from heat, add cherries, and cover; let stand 15 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add rhubarb and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; set aside.
Add cherry-port mixture to skillet and let simmer for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, thyme, pepper, salt, and cloves; simmer until reduced by one-third. Whisk in butter, a few cubes at a time, making sure each addition is fully incorporated before adding the next. Return rhubarb mixture to skillet and let simmer for 1 minute. Serve immediately.