Cilantro-Grilled Shrimp with Sesame Cabbage
The sesame cabbage provides a nice balance of flavor with the cilantro.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- 6 cups (1 head) napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 32 medium shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Asian Cilantro Sauce
Heat grill to high. In a large bowl, toss cabbage with canola oil, lime juice, and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Thread shrimp on 8 skewers. Place in a shallow dish; toss with 1/4 cup Asian Cilantro Sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Serve the shrimp skewers with sesame cabbage, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro sauce, and lime wedges.