This spicy escarole recipe is courtesy of chef Mike Price and is used to make his Grilled Snapper.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large head escarole, washed, tough stems removed, and coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, butter, and garlic; cook until garlic is golden brown. Add fennel and onion and cook, stirring, until almost tender and lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add escarole, oregano, and crushed red pepper; season with salt. Cook until escarole is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.