Baby Fennel and Red Grapefruit Salad
This healthy and refreshing salad is courtesy of chef Chris Bianco.
- 4 to 6 large red grapefruit, peeled
- 6 to 8 small heads of fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup whole parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional)
Using a serrated knife, cut grapefruit into 4 sections, setting tough centers aside. Cut each section in half crosswise and add to a large bowl along with sliced fennel and parsley.
Squeeze juice from reserved grapefruit centers over grapefruit, fennel, and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and season with fleur de sel and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle with bee pollen, if using. Salad is best served when chilled.