Perciatelli with Garlic, Walnuts, and Tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound perciatelli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 whole canned tomatoes, drained, seeded, and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
For Optional Garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese, plus 1 ounce shaved
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons salt. Add pasta; cook, according to package instructions, until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large deep frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, turning, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add cooked pasta, parsley, tomatoes, breadcrumbs, walnuts, red-pepper flakes, pecorino, remaining tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper; cook, tossing to combine, 1 to 2 minutes.
Divide pasta among 4 plates and serve immediately, garnished with shaved pecorino, if desired.