Turkey and Green Chile Burritos
Cubed turkey breast, spicy poblano peppers, Monterey jack cheese, and red potatoes are the filling for this delicious dinner wrap.
- Servings: 4
Source: 10th Anniversary Cookbook; Martha Stewart Living Cookbook, 2000
- 3 poblano peppers (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 fresh turkey breast (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Four 12-inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Roast poblanos on a fork directly over a gas flame, turning until all sides are charred, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool in a plastic bag.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onions and garlic in olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-low heat until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add turkey, raise heat to medium, and cook until meat is golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Season; add potatoes and stock. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until potatoes and turkey are cooked, 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover; raise heat to medium; cook to reduce liquid, 8 to 10 minutes. Peel and seed poblanos, cut in strips, and add to mixture.
Place a quarter of the mixture on a tortilla, midway between the center and the edge near you. Scatter a quarter of the cheese over mixture. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling and roll up tortilla away from you. Repeat with other tortillas, place in a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake to heat through, about 15 minutes.