Add a sparkling touch to your spring style by embellishing a handbag with Swarovski crystals -- it's an easy-to-make accessory that moves effortlessly from day to night, says fashion designer Silvia Tcherassi.
Tools and Materials
- Bag or purse
- Hot-fix crystal applicator
- Swarovski Crystallized Elements
Embellished Handbag How-To
1. Select bag or purse and desired color palette of Swarovski Crystallized Elements.
2. Fit hot-fix crystal applicator with appropriate-size tip for your Crystallized Elements and preheat.
3. Place Crystallized Elements on your work surface with the adhesive side facing downward.
4. With applicator in a vertical position, use a light touch to pick up a Crystallized Element in the tip of the applicator.
5. Place the Crystallized Element on the bag or purse as desired, and hold in place for about a second to ensure the element will adhere securely.
6. Continue to embellish as desired, being sure to complete one color before starting on another.
Kandi's Crystal Crafter heated applicator available from Amazon.com. Crystallized Elements available from Swarovski; Sylvia uses size SS16/4MM for her bags.