Escarole Salad with Parmesan Dressing
If the head of escarole is large, use half for the salad and store half in a resealable bag in the refrigerator for another recipe.
- 1/2 head escarole, tip and tail trimmed, sliced lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced dates
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus several shavings
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the escarole and radicchio in a large salad bowl. Toss in the dates.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, mustard, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and black pepper. Shake well to combine. Pour over the salad and toss.
Grate more Parmesan on top and serve.
SourceMad Hungry, March 2011