Eggs with Rice and Soy Dressing
In the time it takes to make rice, you can have this simple-yet-delicious meal that's an ideal breakfast or light lunch.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 medium-cooked eggs, quartered
- 2 scallions (light-green parts only), thinly sliced
Cook rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, and red-pepper flakes (optional). To serve, divide rice among 4 plates or bowls and top each with 1 quartered egg. Drizzle with soy dressing and sprinkle with scallions.