- Roasting pan with turkey drippings (from Heritage Turkey with Oyster Dressing)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey giblets (from Turkey Stock)
- 1 turkey liver, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups warm Turkey Stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Set roasting pan across two burners over medium heat. When drippings begin to simmer, whisk in flour and cook, whisking, for 3 minutes. Add thyme, giblets, and liver, and stir to combine.
Add 1/2 cup stock and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Continue adding stock, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking, until all the stock has been added. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to use.