Can't decide between hummus and guacamole? This recipe, courtesy of Catherine Teniente from San Antonio, Texas, allows you to have it both ways in this bright, creamy dip.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Tortilla chips
In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, and avocado. Process until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, then add lemon juice, and then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips.