Oysters take very little time to cook. Our pan-broiled hors d'oeuvre spends just minutes in the oven; serve with crusty bread for soaking up the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 2 dozen shucked fresh oysters
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat broiler. Stir herbs, red-pepper flakes, oil, and vinegar in a large bowl. Add oysters, and toss to coat.
Transfer oyster mixture to a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan over oysters, and season with pepper. Drizzle with oil. Broil until golden brown and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Serve.