Chinese Celery Salad
- 1 bunch of celery, top and bottom removed, stalks separated and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 dashes Chinese chili oil or hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the celery and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove, rinse, and cool. Peel off the fibrous strings. Cut the celery into bite-sized pieces.
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili oil, if using, sugar, and cilantro, if using. Toss in the celery. Cover and refrigerate to cool before serving.
SourceMad Hungry, October 2010