Pork Cutlets with Couscous and Sauteed Peppers and Asparagus
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 small pork cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Cook couscous according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add bell peppers and asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and loosely tent with foil.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook half the cutlets until browned, 5 minutes, flipping once. Repeat with remaining oil and cutlets. Stir parsley into couscous and serve with pork and vegetables.