Beer-Braised Bratwurst with Cabbage
A basic beer braise gives this quick-cooking bratwurst from Niman Ranch farmer Paul Willis its down-home flavor.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 bratwurst
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle pilsner-style beer
- 1/2 medium head Savoy cabbage, sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- Skillet Cornbread
Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add bratwurst and cook, turning, until browned on all sides. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Add beer, cabbage, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with cornbread.