White Sangria Recipe
If you're looking for a refreshing and delicious cocktail, try white sangria. White sangria is a cool summer punch that can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. It's the perfect drink to help you chill at your next barbecue or summer party.
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 peach or nectarine, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 bottles (750 mL) dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, chilled
- Ice cubes, for serving
In a large pitcher, stir sugar and cognac until well combined. Stir in fruit slices until fully coated; let stand, refrigerated, overnight.
Add wine to pitcher and stir until well combined. Serve sangria over ice.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September Fall 2008