Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 6092
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (3/4-pound) piece sushi-grade tuna, halved
- Olive oil
- Zest of 1 blood orange
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 sweet red chile pepper, such as Fresno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 blood orange, segmented, for garnish
- Silky Miso Sweet Potatoes
- Pea and Crab Salad
In a small bowl, mix together chile powder, paprika, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Rub tuna all over with olive oil and then with chile powder mixture to coat.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place tuna in skillet and cook, turning once, until rare, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together blood orange zest and juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, sweet chile pepper, and sesame oil; add blood orange segments and toss to coat. Set vinaigrette aside.
Divide tuna evenly between two serving plates. Place a heart-shaped mold on one of the plates and fill with half of the sweet potato mixture. Smooth top to level; carefully lift mold to remove. Repeat process on second plate. Drizzle blood orange vinaigrette over tuna; serve with pea and crab salad.