Pea and Crab Salad
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 cup fresh snap peas, strings removed
- 1/2 cup fresh, shelled, or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup pea tendrils
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
Prepare an ice-water bath and set aside. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat; generously salt water and return to a boil. Add snow peas and cook until just tender-crisp. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat process with snap and fresh peas. Add pea tendrils to bowl with snow, snap, and fresh peas and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over pea salad and add crabmeat; toss to combine. Serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, February 2011