Stir-Fried Squid with Celery and Red Pepper
Squid isn't just for calamari -- try this Chinese-style squid stir-fry for an affordable weeknight meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, trimmed, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, trimmed and sliced on the bias
- 1 pound squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cooked short-grain white rice, for serving
Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add squid and cook, stirring, until opaque, about 1 minute. Add cilantro leaves and season with salt and pepper; serve immediately with rice.