Cranberry-Almond Green Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Crumble blue cheese over the top of this simple salad for a nice complement to the nuts and fruit.
- Servings: 4
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried red cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Dash of honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese (optional)
In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, almonds, and cranberries.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine mustard, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Cover tightly and shake well to combine and emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste, and shake again before serving.
Pour dressing on salad and toss salad to coat. Crumble blue cheese on top, if using.