Chicken Tomatillo Tostadas with Refried Black Beans and Cabbage-Pepper Slaw
Green tomatillo tomatoes add fresh flavor to these crispy tostados, layered with spicy chicken, flavorful cabbage-pepper slaw, and smooth refried black beans.
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 to 12 small corn tortillas
- Tomatillo Chicken
- Cabbage-Pepper Slaw
- Refried Black Beans
- Sour cream, for serving
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered, for serving
- Grated queso fresco, for serving
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Add tortillas to skillet, one at a time, and fry, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
To serve, layer tostadas with chicken, slaw, and black beans. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes, queso fresco, and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.