- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cooked pasta, for serving (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Place the tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan along with olive oil, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 20 minutes. Serve with cooked pasta, garnished with cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.