Peanut-Butter Chocolate-Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tightly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined. Sift flour and baking soda together, and add to butter mixture, beating just to combine. Fold in chocolate chunks.
Using a 1 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, form cookies, and place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, pressing down slightly to flatten. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.