Tuna Gremolata Dip
This version of a smooth tuna salad keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days. Serve with fresh celery, radishes, carrots, and thin, crispy crackers. From the book "Lucinda's Rustic Italian Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
- 1 7-ounce can tuna, preferably packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 small lemons)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, washed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh-cut vegetables, or crackers, for serving
Place the tuna in a blender or food processor and pulse to break it up. Turn on low speed and add the olive oil, lemon juice, onion, parsley, garlic, capers, salt, and pepper, one at a time, until they are thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth. Place in a small bowl and serve with the fresh-cut vegetables or crackers on the side.