Simple salad dressing takes on flavor that's unexpected -- and delicious -- when sweetened with honey.
- Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 2 tablespoons sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 7 tablespoons safflower oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, shallot, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.