Wilted Savoy Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, cleaned and trimmed, white parts only chopped, trimmings reserved for Braised Fingerling Potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small heads Savoy cabbage, stems removed, leaves torn
- 3 pods green cardamom, freshly ground (optional)
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add leek and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons water and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and cardamom, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just wilted. Remove from heat and serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2011