Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, cleaned and trimmed, white parts only chopped, trimmings reserved for Braised Fingerling Potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small heads Savoy cabbage, stems removed, leaves torn
- 3 pods green cardamom, freshly ground (optional)
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add leek and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons water and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and cardamom, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just wilted. Remove from heat and serve.