Whole-Wheat Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 minced and 2 thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for sprinkling
- Zest of 1 large lemon
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt and the pasta. Return to a boil, and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in red-pepper flakes and parsley. Remove from heat.
Add pasta and remaining teaspoon salt to skillet. Toss until pasta is well coated. Transfer to a bowl, and sprinkle with zest and more parsley.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, February 2006