Mario Batali's Thistle cocktail is a mixture of tangy orange flavors and Cynar, a bittersweet aperitif made from artichoke and herbs. The recipe comes from "The Babbo Cookbook."
- Servings: 5
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons orange-flavored vodka, chilled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Cointreau, chilled
- 1 1/4 ounces Cynar (artichoke liqueur), chilled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice, chilled
- 1 lemon, cut into pieces
- Ice cubes
- 5 orange twists, for garnish
Place vodka, Cointreau, Cynar, orange juice, and lemon in the jar of a blender; blend to combine. Pour vodka mixture into a pitcher filled with ice. To serve, pour cocktails into martini glasses; garnish each cocktail with a dash or two of bitters and an orange twist.