Butter Lettuce, Hazelnut, and Gorgonzola Salad with Lemon Creme Fraiche Dressing
Add fresh, citrusy flavor to any meal with butter lettuce salad and creamy lemon dressing.
- Servings: 2
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together creme fraiche, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Place lettuce leaves in a large bowl and add creme fraiche mixture; toss to coat. Divide leaves evenly between two plates, stacking on top of one another. Top with hazelnuts and cheese; serve.