Carrot and Radish Bundles
In this novel take on a side salad, carrots, snow peas, radishes, and mint are served bundled up in a lettuce leaf. We cut the carrots and radishes into fine strips on a mandoline; you can also shred them on the large holes of a box grater.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: EARL CARTER
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2003
- 2 carrots, sliced into julienne (about 1 cup)
- 4 to 6 red radishes, trimmed and sliced into julienne (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup snow-pea shoots
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
In a medium bowl, combine carrots, radishes, pea shoots, and mint. Add vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
Place a small handful of vegetable filling on a lettuce leaf. Fold sides over filling, and roll up to make a bundle. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature.