Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue cheese is an ideal partner for crisp Boston lettuce, romaine hearts, or hearty endive spears. Thick and creamy, this dressing can be made with crumbly blue cheeses ranging from mild Danish blue to the more pungent Roquefort, Stilton, or Gorgonzola.
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2005
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and thyme in a bowl; stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.