Source: The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) boneless salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Small bunch fresh dill, coarsely chopped
In a small bowl, mix together salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, and pepper. Place salmon fillet in a large baking dish, skin side down, and rub salt mixture all over both sides of salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Wipe off salt mixture from salmon and rinse under cold water; pat dry and return to a clean baking dish skin-side down. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and vodka, and sprinkle with dill and remaining teaspoon coriander seeds; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Remove salmon from refrigerator and wipe off excess marinade (reserving dill for baguette garnish). Remove skin and slice salmon into 1/4-inch-thick slices; keep refrigerated until ready to serve.