Tarragon Green Beans
These green beans are prepared simply -- cooked with butter, shallots, and white wine. Tarragon is stirred into the finished dish.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring constantly, until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, and gently toss to coat with shallot mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
Add wine. Raise heat to medium-high; cook, stirring often, 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until beans are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Stir in tarragon, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with tarragon sprigs.