Martha's Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Serving ham and cheese on a baguette with a bit of butter gives it a decidedly French twist.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally and quartered crosswise
- 4 ounces thinly sliced French ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Gruyere or Fontina cheese
- Dijon mustard or Brooke's Mustard Dip, for serving
- Cornichons, for serving
Spread 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of baguette. Divide ham and cheese among bottom halves of bread. Sandwich with top halves. Serve with mustard or mustard dip and cornichons.