Fennel, Red Onion, and Parsley Salad
Fennel gives this salad its signature crunch and lends a sweetness to balance the red onions and parsley.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Prepare a large ice-water bath. Put parsley, fennel, and onion in a colander, and set in ice-water bath. Let soak 10 minutes.
Drain, and transfer to a salad spinner. Spin until dry, and transfer to a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, oil, and celery seeds; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.