Rice Noodles with Cilantro Pesto
If using fettuccine, cook slightly longer, until al dente.
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for water and pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles or fresh or dried fettuccine
Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a boil. Combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste in the bowl of a food processor, and puree. Remove from the food processor, transfer to a small bowl, and set cilantro pesto aside.
Melt remaining teaspoon butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts; cook, tossing until golden brown, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt, and transfer to a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
Cook noodles until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cilantro pesto; toss, and garnish with pine nuts.