Radicchio and Endive Salad with Oranges, Fennel, and Pomegranate Seeds
Sweet and tangy citrus balances the subtle bitterness of radicchio and endive in this easy-to-make salad.
- 2 small blood oranges
- 1 navel orange
- 2 small heads Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head endive, broken up into leaves
- 1/2 head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 bulb fennel, shaved
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Orange Citronette
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice off the top and bottom of both blood oranges with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the blood oranges over a large bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Discard membrane. Repeat process with orange.
Add lettuce, endive, radicchio, fennel, pomegranate seeds, and parsley to bowl. Drizzle with citronette and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October 2010