Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 6 ripe Comice or Anjou pears
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 8-ounce wedge Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place pears on work surface with their stems pointing up. Starting from the outside and working towards the core, slice pears 1/8 inch thick. Turn pears and repeat on opposite side.
Arrange pears overlapping on a platter; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Using a microplane grater, grate lemon zest over pears. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over pears.
Garnish with Parmesan shavings and season with pepper; serve.