Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Mario's Basic Tomato Sauce
- 6 large eggs
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Gaeta olives, pitted but left whole
- 3 to 4 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Cacio di Roma cheese
Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chiles and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.
Carefully crack eggs into the pan, keeping them whole and separate. Cook until whites have set but yolks are still runny, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve eggs immediately and directly from skillet, garnished with olives, basil leaves, and cheese and drizzled with olive oil.