Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Lacinada kale, stems removed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add kale and season with salt; cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and cover; reduce heat to low and cook until tender and dark green, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.