Asparagus and Shiitake Stir-Fry
This earthy, satisfying stir-fry of shiitake mushrooms, asparagus, and toasted sesame seeds can serve as a colorful side dish or a light lunch.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: EARL CARTER
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2003
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 bunch medium or thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed, stalks sliced into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and mushrooms, and saute just until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.