Indian Scrambled Eggs
This recipe comes from chef Roy Yamaguchi, who specializes in Hawaiian fusion cuisine. He made it during "Morning Living" on Martha Stewart Living Radio.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups Spanish onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh root ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh green chiles, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 6 extra large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
Place a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
Add the canola oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the cumin seeds and cook for about a minute.
Add the onions and the butter and saute until light golden, about eight minutes.
Add the ginger, chiles, turmeric, and tomatoes. Cook for six minutes, or until soft and most of the moisture is evaporated.
Reduce heat and add the eggs, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir while cooking, until done.