Tender broccoli florets are sturdy enough to be paired with the hearty pieces of burger patties.
- Servings: 2
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 6 ounces ground beef, formed into 2 patties
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 small head broccoli
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 scallions
- Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
Heat a cast-iron skillet to high heat. Season the burger patties with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the burgers. After 2 minutes, shake in some Worcestershire sauce and swirl in the pan.
Separate the broccoli into large florets. Steam until just tender. In a large bowl toss the broccoli with a sprinkle of olive oil. Chop or crumble the burger into the broccoli. Sprinkle with scallions. Squeeze in some hot sauce. Toss everything together and serve.