Fried Pasta Snack
This recipe calls for spaghetti, but any long, thin noodle will work as well.
- Yield: Makes 1 12-inch round
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1/2 pound leftover cooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly lengthwise
Toss pasta with tomato sauce just to completely coat. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Swirl in olive oil. Add pasta in one layer. Do not move -- leave it to crisp to a golden brown on one side, about 10-15 minutes. Turn onto plate. Top with grated Parmesan and cut into wedges. Serve with carrot slices on the side.