Family Olympics wouldn't be complete at your reunion without starting lineup shirts for everyone to wear during the water-balloon toss, three-legged race, and doughnut-eating contest. Begin with matching apple-motif tees and then stencil numbers on the back with fabric paint.
Tools and Materials:
- Apple clip art
- Number templates
- Heavyweight paper
- Craft knife
- Black fabric paint
- Stencil brush
- Kids' jersey T-shirts, in Natural; americanapparel.net
Apple and Numbered T-Shirts How-To:
1. Print apple clip art onto iron-on transfer paper designed for white or light-colored fabrics.
2. Cut around the apple, stem, and leaf with scissors or a craft knife.
3. Center the apple onto the front of the T-shirt and iron on according to the paper manufacturer's instructions.
4. Print the number templates onto heavyweight paper.
5. Cut out number using a craft knife (if using stencil multiple times, print onto
regular paper, place stencil paper over printout, and cut out with craft knife).
6. Place a heavy piece of paper or cardboard inside T-shirt to prevent paint from
7. Center stencil on back of T-shirt.
8. Pour black fabric paint onto a paper plate. Using a 3/4-inch stencil stippling brush, paint stencil using an up-and-down motion.
9. Heat-set according to fabric-paint directions.