- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, grated on the large holes of a box grater (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices (1/2 inch thick) sourdough bread, cut from a round loaf
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into 12 slices
- 3 to 4 red radishes, very thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse half the Gruyere cheese and all the cream cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a small mixing bowl. Fold in the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place bread on a baking sheet, and toast in center of the oven, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, about 12 minutes.
Spread reserved cheese mixture on each slice of toast, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. Place 2 slices of ham on each toast. Arrange radishes on top, and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2003