From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella, cut fine or shredded
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for baking and serving
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 1 recipe Basic Italian Tomato Sauce
- 1 recipe Man Crepes
In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread some tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish. One at a time, lay the crepes flat on a work surface and spread 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture down the middle. Roll each crepe around the filling and place side by side in the pan. Spoon more tomato sauce over the crepes. Top with grated Parmesan.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the crepes are heated through. Cool slightly and serve with additional warmed tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese on the side.