Grilled Steak with Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup plus 2 to 3 tablespoons Vinaigrette
- Olive oil, for grates
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Leftover potatoes from Garlic-Marinated Chicken Cutlets with Grilled Potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks (4 cups)
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce (12 ounces each), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
Place steak in baking dish with 1/2 cup Vinaigrette. Let marinate at room temperature 15 minutes or up to 1 hour. Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Lift steak from marinade; place on grill and cover. Cook, turning once, until meat is done, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from grill; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, make Potato Salad: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, parsley, scallions, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and gently mix until coated; set aside.
Make Romaine Salad: In a large bowl, toss half the romaine with 2 to 3 tablespoons Vinaigrette. Reserve remaining half (not dressed) for Cobb Salad. Serve sliced steak with Potato Salad and Romaine Salad.